11 content types used in online marketing:
Each one solves a purpose and fits in the whole puzzle. Here is a list of different content types on a high level.
- Blogs and Articles – Informative, educative and give your perspective about a topic related to your blog.
- eBooks – Content about teaching a particular skill (not the lead capture ones)
- Press releases – Informing the world a news about your business online or offline
- E-mail – Speaking to your customers, email subscribers those who have opted-in and gave permission to hear from you about your products and services
- Newsletters – Curated list of content sent periodically to the email subscribers (say every week)
- Web pages – General web pages that are essential for the online business that doesn’t come in the blog/article categories (example about us page)
- Sales Pages – Sells your product or offer with option to check out as the main call to action
- Case studies – Speaks about a scenario or a story
- Product description – Explains about the product when it is listed for sale, example in Amazon
- Product reviews – Reviews about the products with intent to promote the same as an affiliate
- White papers – In depth writing about a topic/problem for educating the reader with data points, facts and quotes
Related Post: List of Content Marketing books from Joe Pulizzi