Basics of an Online Marketing Funnel:
According to HubSpot, 48% of marketers prioritize improving their marketing funnels. Indeed, your marketing funnel encompasses potential consumers’ journeys to align with your brand. As your target users consider your business, you must adopt strategies to encourage them to purchase. If you are an online marketer looking to attract and retain customers while increasing sales, here are the basic funnel processes you should keep at your fingertips.
Usually a funnel system in an online marketing business contains three major sections
Awareness marks the initial stage of your marketing funnel, so keep this in mind. 88% of marketers believe content marketing is highly instrumental for brand awareness. This stage is the top of the funnel (TOFU), which refers to how customers discover your company or its products.
This can happen in different ways, such as when:
- Visitors see your website landing page on Google
- A person watches your YouTube video
- A user sees your TikTok video
- Your ad is seen on Instagram or Facebook
You can enhance awareness as an online marketing agency by boosting your SEO campaigns, social media presence, and paid advertising campaigns.
The interest or consideration stage occurs in the middle of the marketing funnel (MOFU), where potential clients learn more about your brand to make an informed decision. The ultimate goal is to provide extra information to convince the potential buyer to purchase.
To increase conversion, you should engage in lead generation, nurturing, and targeted advertising. Fortunately, you can achieve this by providing infographics, answering frequently asked questions, and addressing potential customers’ concerns, so keep this in mind.
Intent or action is at the bottom of the marketing funnel (BOFU). At this point, your potential customers are fully interested in your product/service and are about to purchase. They may add a few products to their cart and look for more information in a demo. The action stage is sometimes called the conversion stage, so keep this in mind. Marketers use this phase to measure conversion rates and track user behavior or preference. Therefore, consider designing systems that expedite your sales, account management, and customer service to improve conversion. An optimized action stage enables your brand to finalize sales and render excellent services to increase customer retention.
Why your marketing funnel is so important
- A good marketing funnel allows you to visualize customers’ journeys. With this, you can understand where potential customers are dropping off and optimize your marketing efforts accordingly.
- You can measure the success of your campaigns by looking at the conversion rate at every step of your customer’s journeys. Analyzing this allows you to find your customers with a data-driven approach.
- You can also improve your customer experience by tailoring your message at each stage of their journey. This way, you can increase potential customers’ chances of completing an order by making their journey smoother.
Knowing the marketing funnel process is essential to aligning potential customers with your business. Hopefully, the tips mentioned above will help you achieve the desired outcome.